Jodi’s Top 8 Hip Tips!
2. Add email and IM to your phone by getting a month free from your cell phone provider, says time and pain not to have to get up and check your mail; you get everything in one place.
3. Buy yourself an adult “blankie” to curl up with and take with you in ever room you lie or relax in. You should be getting up and changing positions every 25 or 30 minutes. Taking your “blankie” with you helps to feel secure and safe in the womb of your recovery home. Mine is a soft, lion-type motif….reminding me that I am strong – like a mother lion.
4. Order groceries, water bottles and household items online (I used yummy.com), they deliver your favorites items (including hand-made deli food) and carry it up to your kitchen.
5. Find a neighbor who normally walks daily and ask them if you can tag along on a consistent basis, that way you don’t have to beg or encourage friends to come and take you for a walk.
6. Tell the mailman you’ll be recovering inside your home, and if he/she wouldn’t mind leaving your mail by your door. You can tip them during the holidays for this gift of convenience.
7. Have a buddy system with a few appointed friends, which you/they check in on daily, in the morning and at night. Other people and friends have their own lives, and it’s frustrating and almost depressing to feel like you’ve been forgotten during the recovery time.
8. Take three smaller walks a day instead one big one (which is harder to recover from). It’s like eating small meals throughout the day – much better for our bodies. Same with walking….easier to recover from small walks – and more enjoyable to see the world throughout the day!
Ask for what you need, so people know!!!
Stay tuned for more HIP tips as they reveal themselves!